What makes a good leader ?
Here are some leadership qualities that are common among the world’s most successful businesses leaders:
– Self-awareness: before you can understand other people and know how you can help them learn, grow and develop you first need to truly know and understand yourself and what you’re trying to achieve, you need to be self-aware.
– Vision: a good leader has a good vision for the future, he has a clear idea about where he’s going and what he’s trying to accomplish. A good leader is also good at strategic planning: he has the ability to look ahead and anticipate, with some accuracy, where the industry and the market are going.
– Courage: In business there is no certainty, every action you take entails a risk of some kind, so the leader must be courageous and willing to take risks to achieve his business’s goals.
– Integrity: the core of integrity is honesty and truthfulness. Always telling the truth to your team, in every situation, is a necessary quality for success in any business.
– Humility: good leaders are those who are strong and decisive but also humble, they know how to manage their ego. Humility doesn’t mean you are weak or insure of yourself, it means that you have the self-confidence to recognize the value of others without feeling threatened.
– A source of positive energy: your team will, certainly, go through difficult times where they need you, as their leader, to inspire them with your positive energy to boost their morale and their will to succeed .
– Proactive attitude: When something goes wrong good leaders, instead of blaming others and focusing on the problem, they shift their focus on the solution and take corrective actions.
1 thought on “What makes a good leader ?”
[…] the business world, we often tend to use “manager” for “leader” and vice versa. It is not always easy to distinguish one from another. These two terms are moreover […]